TSARKA held the first informal talks with representatives of the Ministry's Information Security Committee and the State Technical Service of the NSC
The meeting was attended by the TSARKA team, representatives of the State Technical Service - Askar Dyusekeyev and Ramil Bektimirov, Deputy Director of the CIS - Ruslan Abdikalikov, an expert in the field of data protection and professor at KazGUU - Dana Utegenova and also several participants of our chat. The meeting was moderated by Arman Abdrasilov, Director of TSARKA.
Brief content of answers:
1. The issue of abandoning the selected approach is not yet addressed.
2. There is no other solution than MITM to effectively solve the problem of point filtration of traffic.
3. Negotiations with Facebook have been unsuccessful for more than 5 years.
4. The STS uses a specialized ready-made solution for traffic filtration via MITM, which does not have the technical capability to accumulate or view data. The traffic encryption keys are changed every 5 minutes.
5. The pilot zone is Astana.
6. 28% of the traffic is already successfully inspected.
7. Services such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google services (due to integration with YouTube), VK, MAIL.RU fall within the scope of the tool.
8. The political aspects of the issue were not considered, as they were not related to the topic of discussion. At the same time, the participants understand the fears of the technical community and the crisis of trust in the state.
9. The CIS and STS are not against meeting and constructive dialogue with technical experts without the participation of journalists, for whom there is a separate platform and format. We are ready to discuss technical issues quite openly.
10. The CIS is ready to consider the possibility of strengthening public control over the IS issues if the observers are ready to sign the NDA and bear responsibility, including criminal responsibility, for the dissemination of the received information. Public observers will have to be the third, trusted party in the audit process.